1.07.2013

Cheese-Stuffed Pretzel Bites

Came up with this experimental recipe and the results were good!!
INGREDIENTS
*note* I made about 60 of these pretzel bites using the dough recipe above, if you want fewer than half the dough recipe.
Cheese filling: I used a 10-pack of sharp cheddar string cheese cut into thirds, 6 pepperjack string cheese cut into thirds, about 8oz of chunk cheddar cheese cut into pieces, and some left over mushroom filling.

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven to 350F.
Wrap each piece of cheese (or desired filling) in small pieces of dough, dip in the baking soda/water solution, and place on baking sheet.  Brush each dough bite with melted butter and salt before baking for 20-25min.
*note* I always forget how much this pretzel dough rises, my bites came out pretty big so I would recommend making the dough as thin as possible around the cheese. Also, as you can see in the pics the cheese oozed out of these, I made 4 batches of them so I got progressively better and sealing in the cheese.

I served these with Jalapeno bacon dip

more pics: