4.12.2013

Maple Dijon Chicken

Slightly modded this recipe it was really good! The dijon flavor toned down some after it baked so it wasnt overpowering


































INGREDIENTS: 
Chicken (I used 5 boneless thighs and 2 thin cut breasts)

sauce: (I didnt use exact measurements)
~1c dijon mustard (or other hot mustard)
~1c maple syrup (or molasses)
~1/4c wine vinegar (or desired type of vinegar)
a few squirts of lemon juice
1/3 or 1/2 c honey
3 t minced garlic
garlic&herb seasoning, to taste
dash of thyme
(optional) dash of red wine

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 450F.
Line 9x13" baking pan with foil and spray w cooking spray.
Place chicken in pan on top of foil.
Mix all the sauce ingredients and pour over chicken.
(I topped with some more honey and some leftover mushrooms I had).
Bake for 40min. I served over parmesan orzo

update: last time I made these I used 2 huge chicken breasts, which I cut in half and pounded to be thinner.

more photos: