6.09.2013

Mozzarella Sticks

Used this recipe, nuoh my god this was messy, but it tasted like mozz sticks from a restaurant

































INGREDIENTS:
String cheese (I used 10 mozz and 10 mozz/cheddar blend sticks)
1/2 c flour
1 or 2 eggs (I used more as needed)
dash of milk
1c bread crumbs
few dashes garlic salt
canola oil for frying
marinara / pasta sauce for dipping

DIRECTIONS:
Cut the string cheeses in half. Place in freezer for around 30min+.
Get 3 bowls: one with eggs/milk mixed up, one with bread crumbs & garlic salt, and one with flour.
I dont have a deep fryer, so I filled a saucepan half-full with oil and heated to med-high heat.
Roll each piece of frozen cheese in the egg bowl, then the flour bowl, then the egg bowl again, then the bread crumbs. Repeat if desired (I double coated everything).
Place a few coated cheese sticks in the heated oil till they look fried & float to the top (like 2min tops). 
Serve with heated dipping sauce.

note* Parents have a fry-daddy but it was nasty & was full of oil from when I took home ec in high school, but I borrowed the basket which was handy. My sticks came out wonky looking but they tasted pretty soild

more photos: