5.10.2014

Potato Salad

Found recipe here & modded it slightly. This was super delicious

































INGREDIENTS:
~3 lb red potatoes, skin on
7 or 8 eggs
4 pkgs of "real" bacon bits (or 12-16oz cooked/chopped bacon)
1 bunch of green onion, chopped
3 stalks celery, chopped finely
lite mayo (to taste, maybe like 2-3c of it or more)
8oz shredded cheddar
salt/pepper (to taste)

DIRECTIONS:
Boil the potatoes 15-30 min, till soft. (I cut the potatoes in half first cuz I used big ones*).
Hard boil the eggs: put eggs in pot of cold water. Heat to boiling with the eggs in it, after it boils remove from heat & let sit covered for ~12min. Remove shell** & chop.
After the potatoes are done cut them into cubes (mine cooked a good while so they were a little mashy).
Combine everything in a big bowl, and refrigerate for an hour, serve cold.

*note: second time I made this I cubed the potatoes before boiling them, they came out better (less mashy).
**note: Last time I made this, to get the shells off the eggs I peeled them under cool running water (would work submerged in cold water also) Seemed to make the shells come off easier.

more photos (in various lighting):










2nd time I made this: (I also chopped the celery finer)



































^check out that mood lighting lol