9.28.2013

Cheesy Baked Chicken

I followed this recipe & modded it some

































INGREDIENTS: (uses an 8x8")
4 chicken breasts
1/2 stick butter
minced garlic, to taste
poultry seasoning, to taste
cracked pepper, to taste
8 slices provelone
i can cream of mushroom
1/4 c chicken broth
1/8c white wine (I used chardonnay)
3oz real bacon bits
shredded cheese (I used provel)
bag of croutons

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat oven to 350F.
Melt butter in an 8x8" baking dish.
Place chicken breasts in the dish. Sprinkle garlic, seasoning, & pepper over the chicken.
Place sliced cheese on top of the chicken.
In a bowl combine the cream of mushroom soup, chicken broth, wine, salt, pepper. Pour mixture over the chicken.
Spread bacon bits on top. Then shredded cheese. Then croutons.
Drizzle some olive oil on top, or place a few pieces of butter. (You can mix the croutons with olive oil in a bag beforehand as well.)
Bake 45min.
note* When I did this I had the shredded cheese on top of the croutons, and I didn't cover with foil so the cheese burnt.  It didn't taste bad so I just left it, but melty cheese would've been way better. If you do put the cheese on top, cover with foil while its in the oven

more photos:










































Doh!