7.26.2012

Tuna Melt

recipe adapted from this

INGREDIENTS (makes 4)
2 cans of tuna, drained
1/4 c mayo
1/4 c celery, chopped
half an onion, chopped
1 t parsley, chopped
3/4 t red wine vinegar
pinch of salt and pepper
4 english muffin halves, or 4 slices of desired bread
4 slices of tomato
4 slices swiss cheese
garnish (I used spinach leaves)

DIRECTIONS
Preheat oven broiler.
In a bowl mix tuna, mayo, celery, onion, parsley, vinegar, salt, pepper.
Place bread on a baking sheet and toast under broiler for 1 min.
Remove from oven, spread tuna on bread, top with tomato and cheese. Return to broiler for 3-5 min, until cheesy is melted.
Garnish if desired.

When I made these I used english muffins and wheat bread, everyone ate the english muffin ones first.  I also served it with re-heated French Onion Soup. I just microwaved the soup, topped it with a slice of bread and cheese, and broiled for a couple min.
more photos: